VanDhan Vikas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana or Van Dhan Scheme launched on 14th April, 2018 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi with Ministry of Tribal Affairs as nodal department at central level and TRIFED as nodal agency at national level, is a well thought master plan for the socio-economic development of the tribal population of the country. Its crucial steps are enumerated below -
- Initiative targeting livelihood generation for tribal gatherers and transforming them into entrepreneurs.
- Idea is to set-up tribal community owned Van Dhan Vikas Kendras (VDVKs) in predominantly forested tribal districts.
- A Kendra shall constitute of 15 tribal SHGs, each comprising of up to 20 tribal NTFP gatherers or artisans i.e. about 300 beneficiaries per Van Dhan Kendra.
- 100% Central Government Funded with TRIFED providing Rs. 15 lakhs for each 300 member Van Dhan Kendra.
These steps are further divided into sub-steps which are as follows-
• Tribal Gatherer Contribution of Rs.1000 / member to instil ownership
• Panchayats/ District Administration to provide
operational premises to SHGs
• Well thought out Bankable Project Report comprising of-
- Annual MFP Gathering Plan,
- Types of Value Addition : Sorting and Grading, Processing
- Business Plan
• Procurement of Equipment (thru’ GeM/ tendering by SIA/DIU)
• Identification of Master Trainers
• Training in Value addition, Use of equipment, Enterprise Management
• Identification of local, district level, state level, national, global buyers for MFP Value Added Products
• Arrangement for Logistics & Transportations
• Branding & Marketing
A brief overview of the scheme and its implementation of the PMVDY (200 Days Report) till 8-April-2020 is as below-