TRIFED in association with Federation of Indian Chambers Of commerce and Industries (FICCI) is engaged in formulating plans for the promotion of tribal handicrafts and handloom products at national and international platforms. At several forums, the leadership of FICCI has reiterated their commitment to the tribal cause. By organizing more workshops and furthering enabling industry linkages, FICCI plans to contribute towards a meaningful change in the lives of the tribal craftsmen and craftswomen of India.
FICCI will also showcase the tribal art/ artefacts/ culture and cuisine at its mega events/ exhibitions in India and abroad for greater integration of tribal culture especially in the important areas like food processing, tourism, luxury and lifestyle.
Other innovative steps, as listed below, are some of the ways, the TRIFED-FICCI association plans to further the cause:
- Submitting separate proposals to undertake joint projects under the Market Access Initiatives (MAI) Scheme of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry for boosting the export of tribal products.
- Organising Journalists Visit Programmes to be undertaken in the identified Indian states with rich tribal potential, for carrying the incredible story of the tribal products, art and culture region-wise.
- Organising capacity building and design workshops for necessary skilling interventions which will help the tribal products enter the global supply chain.
- Instituting special awards to recognise the best business practices towards promoting tribal entrepreneurship by felicitating both the tribal producer as well as the bulk buyer of tribal products.
- Undertaking a study on potential for exports of GI Tribal Products with financial support from TRIFED.
- Developing a certificate marking a Tribal cause like skilling workshop which will certify standardisation in quality of the tribal produce.
- FICCI will also facilitate company-wise meetings / email exchanges with TRIFED.
- Setting up of a working committee of FICCI and TRIFED to plan and undertake these proposed activities as well as facilitate industry linkages for other specific engagements with the private sector.