DALIT INDIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY (DICCI)
To reach out to a wider audience so as to create a sustainable market place for quality Indian tribal products and incorporate newer additions to the pool of beneficiaries, TRIFED is in an institutional partnership with Dalit Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DICCI). The masterplan for future endeavours is being chalked out.
It has been recently decided to explore the untapped gifting sector of the country that accounts for more than 2.5 Lakh Crores. Out of which 15,000 crores is directly linked to corporate gifting. Aesthetic and fine-quality tribal products can be used as perfect gifts for PSUs, Government and corporate sector. Together with DICCI, TRIFED is planning to launch 10,000 franchises all over India in addition to an e-market place where the tribal artisans and entrepreneurs will be able to sell their products online directly to Indian and global customers.
Other points being discussed for execution are below:
- DICCI will provide list and details of 100 tribal Self-Help Groups of 20 members each to TRIFED in each State which shall then be linked to TRIFED’s existing Van Dhan (300 member VDVK) and Retail schemes (Artisan Clusters), creating more tribal entrepreneurs and further empanelling tribal artisans. Rs. 1.5 lakhs shall be provided to each 20 member group by TRIFED for setting up Van Dhan centres and shall also act as franchisees for Tribes India.
- An MoU with DICCI shall be signed to institutionalise collaboration in various spheres. TRIFED will also write to state governments, nodal departments and implementing agencies about recognising DICCI’s involvement.
- The above collaboration will be launched by three events/workshops to be scheduled at a later date, tentatively to be held in Bangalore, Kolkata and Vizag. Both teams shall work on detailing specific areas of collaboration.
- TRIFED will share contact details of all Regional Managers and Regional Offices across the country with DICCI, and DICCI will share their office details with TRIFED.
- It was also discussed to link proposed combined activities with Stand-up India initiative.
- DICCI provided TRIFED with the nationwide schedule of Swavalamban Sankalp Mega Campaign programme (for business promotion) where they have given TRIFED a free stall. Maharashtra (Pune) and Gujarat (Ahmedabad) have already attended this campaign, other regions will also be taking part.